It's OCTOBER which only means one thing (it probably means more than one) But Halloween is coming and as you can probably tell I cannot wait. Last week I did some baking of some Frankenstein Marshmallows and this week I am baking pumpkin shortbread. These are SUPER easy to make and a lot less fiddly than last weeks. I hope you enjoy this post and next week I will be bringing another FUN baking session for you.
You Will Need:
Caster Sugar 55g
Plain Flour 180g
Orange Food Colouring (add lots if you want BRIGHT cookies)
Pumpkin/Orange Flavouring (or not if you don't like it)
Eyes (Can be bought here)
Icing Sugar (Only a tiny bit)
1. Preheat the oven to 190C ready to pop the cookies in, and also grease two baking trays. Either with butter or grease proof paper.
2. Mix together the butter and the sugar (it works better by hand)
3. Add the flour, bit by bit, and stir in until a paste is created. Then sprinkle the side in flour and then roll out the paste with a rolling pin. Make it about an 1 inch and a 1/2 thick.
4. Cut out the pumpkins and place on to the baking trays.
5. It should make around 8-12 pumpkins. Then pop them into the oven.
6. Dependant on the oven will depend on the time you put them in, mine only took 8 minutes so keep an eye on them all of the way through.
7. Take them out before the sides start to burn (I left mine in a little bit too long)
8. Wait for them to cool!
9. Make up some icing with water to create a paste to stick on the eyes with. Then apply a tiny bit to each biscuit and then add the eyes on top.