I was recently sent a little box of cookery tools from Krispy Kreme along with a doughnuts card to celebrate the launch of their limited edition Brownie Batter doughnuts! Krispy Kreme launch a variety of different limited edition doughnuts throughout the year and as you may have already guessed I have a bit of a fascination with Doughnuts (I named my blog after my love for them) and have wrote about them lots of times before if you fancy a little read about my love for Krispy Kreme *click here*. Back to the doughnuts, so they are inspired by Brownie Batter and Cookie Dough which funnily enough I love so when I was asked to try out the Doughnuts of course I said yes! I was totally not disappointed either, the brownie batter doughnut was chocolate heaven and inside and out was covered in chocolate mayhem (a little tip, warming the doughnut up in the microwave tastes even MORE tasty!) The cookie dough one is so beautiful and almost as good as cookie dough itself.
I decided in spirit of the super cute tools and my craving for brownies that I would share my favourite recipe for creating beautiful brownies with you! If you make them do let me know as I would love to see your attempts.
You Will Need:
- 200g of dark chocolate; any of your choice.
- 175g of unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 250g of caster sugar
- 75g of Plain Flower
- 50g of white chocolate (optional)
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven at 190 degrees, and grab a deep fill tray around 20cm and cover in butter or greaseproof paper!
- Next you need to break up the chocolate into squares and melt the chocolate and the butter together either do this in a bowl over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave.
- In a separate bowl mix the sugar and eggs together until it is thick and then to add the chocolate mixture to the sugar and eggs and stir together.
- The next step is to add the the flower and fold into the mixture, following this you need to smash up the white chocolate into little chunks and stir into the mixture so it is evenly distributed.
- Pour into the tin evenly and cook for 25-30 minutes until they are firm on top and a little more soft underneath.
- Finally pop into the fridge to cool until they are complete cool and then use which ever shape you wish to make them into shapes. I would totally do hearts and stars as they look adorable!
I hope you enjoyed this little baking recipe and also if you want to get your hands on the Krispy Kreme brownie batter doughnuts you have until the 17th of April!