Love it or hate it Valentines day happens every year and for those of us in a relationship it's one of the best days of the year and for those who aren't not so much but hey you can buy chocolate in a heart shape for a while and buy yourself all of the cute bears. Although like most holidays Valentines Day can come at an expense, but only if you want it to. I have put together a guide to help you keep your Valentines day as affordable as possible and keeping the costs down doesn't mean you'll have a rubbish day just means it involves more thought, if anything that is better! Because lets face it not everyone can afford dinner at the Ritz and huge bouquet of roses. I hope you enjoy this guide and I would love to know if you incorporated any of these ideas into your day.
- Pizza and film day (Domino's of course!)
- A walk in the park followed by pub lunch
- Cinema date and take your own treats along
- Bowling (Sundays have discount too)
- Have a board game marathon with snacks!
- If you live near the beach take a walk on it
- Make a posh meal at home together
- A scrapbook full of memories
- A bunch of flowers
- Chocolates (never go wrong with those!)
- A photo album
- Something cute from Paperchase
- A handmade card full of glitter and hearts (okay vom)
- The obvious one, Valentines Day.
- The Holiday
- The Notebook
- The 40 year old virgin
- 10 things I hate about you
- 500 days of summer
- Pizza, all of the pizza
- Heart chocolates
- Keep the the red theme with all red sweets!
- Donuts (come on this had to make it on to the list!)
- Heart balloons
- Fake rose petals
- Fairy lights
- Heart shaped paper plates
- BIG love message on the wall.
I hope this helps you plan the perfect Valentines Day date!